Every home renovation project is different, but here are a few general guidelines you can follow which can better help you successfully choose the perfect kitchen materials for your renovation project. Whether you simply want to give your kitchen a new face, seeking to add more value to the property prior to listing your property up for sale on the market, or in more serious situations, your kitchen was destroyed in a fire and needs complete renovation, carefully consider your material selection(s) for your home renovation project. This is especially true for kitchen space to cover 4 focal points of your kitchen which include cabinetry, countertop, flooring, and backsplash.
1. Kitchen Cabinetry
Kitchen cabinetry is always the most important part of a kitchen remodel project as the style of your cabinetry door will be the main character of your kitchen.
2. Kitchen Countertop
Choose quality kitchen countertops for your kitchen remodel project. Granite countertops are a popular choice for many residential homeowners. There are various numbers of different natural stones consumers can purchase on the market. Man-made quartz countertop are becoming increasingly popular due to their innovative textures and durability. While, there are various types of kitchen countertop material to choose from the following is a short list of potential options:
- Engineered Stone Kitchen Countertops
- Granite Kitchen Countertops
- Marble Kitchen Countertops
- Soapstone Kitchen Countertops
- Concrete Kitchen Countertops
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Countertops
- Ceramic Tile Countertops
- Quartzite Kitchen Countertops
- Other Luxury Countertops
3. Kitchen Backsplash
When choosing kitchen backsplash keep in mind that if you’re cooking a lot and your cooking involves a lot of grease, it is recommended to avoid using non-polished natural stones for your backsplash. Tiles are one of the more popular backsplash styles for kitchens. Often people may use recycled glass tile for their backsplash, or simply use a single sheet of glass for their backsplash.
4. Kitchen Flooring
There are many options for kitchen flooring you can choose for your kitchen remodel including:
- Porcelain Tiles: Porcelain tile comes either glazed or unglazed, they’re durable and look good
- Ceramic Tiles
- Hardwood: Hardwood flooring combines warmth and beauty, and is comfortable underfoot is both durable and requires low- maintenance
- Sheet Vinyl Kitchen Floors: Sheet vinyl flooring is waterproof and stain-proof, which makes it ideal for cleaning up spills and splashes
- Cork Flooring: Cork is both waterproof and resilient, which makes it a comfortable, moisture-resistant choice for kitchen floors.
- Linoleum: Linoleum comes in glue-down sheets and snap-together tiles. Linoleum is also made from all natural, renewable materials including linseed oil, cork powder, pine resins, and wood flour.